HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST AND VICTIMS’ FAMILIES ADVOCATE HAS ISSUED THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCMENT!!!!!!!
There are many issues that need urgent attention in Ulster, the following are some of the issues that have been raised with me in my travel’s around Ulster in the last few weeks.
1. The immediate replacing of the Union Flag on the City Hall, Belfast. Every Unionist Council must fly the Union Flag throughout their electoral area. The Union Flag should also be flown from all Government Buildings. The PSNI should also fly the Union Flag from its stations on all designated days.
2. An investigation into how the £1.5 billion of European funding – designated as a Peace Dividend – has been allocated. This money was supposed to rebuild our economy, our infrastructure, to create jobs and to help the innocent victims who have suffered most throughout the ‘Northern Ireland Conflict’. That has not happened. We want an independent body to investigate the mishandling of this European funding.
3. The motivation and reason for the current witch-hunt against members of the British Army, the security forces and the loyalist community in general. This on-going witch-hunt is allowing Sinn Fein to re-write the history of the Troubles. Millions of pounds have already been allocated to groups such as: the Pat Finucane Centre, Republican Prisoners and Relatives for Justice. This funding must be stopped immediately until the same provision is made available to the loyalist/unionist community.
4. An investigation into why funding has been removed from the innocent victims of Republican violence who simply sought justice and truth. Over 90% of the loyalist/unionist community are law abiding people. They are entitled to justice and truth. Funding has been stopped in a deliberate attempt to silence innocent victims.
5. For 10 years innocent victims have worked tirelessly to obtain compensation from Libya who armed and funded the IRA terror campaign in Northern Ireland. During those 10 years significant progress has been made. We call for Government help to finalise this Libyan issue. At the very least we want to see justice for the innocent victims. Assistance must be provided to bring those involved in the mass shipments of Libyan/IRA arms to account. The individuals who set up these arms shipments and who organised the training of IRA terrorists in Libya must be tracked down and brought before the courts. It must be remembered this same terrorist expertise has been exported around the world.
6. We want loyalist history and culture to be included in the education curriculum up to and including University level. This is an essential ingredient to counter-act the current Republican myth their terrorist campaign was justified.
7. Proper funding for working class loyalist/unionist communities across Northern Ireland – particularly the Border Regions. For 30 years these areas have neglected because certain Unionist leaders to us not to accept funding such as the Ireland Fund. Now is the time to address this deficit in funding.
8. The Irish Governments involvement in calling for enquiries into justice and policy issues in Northern Ireland must stop until they – the Irish Government – acknowledges and addresses its own involvement in assisting and financing the formation of the IRA.
9. HET to be established in Border Towns such as Newry and Monaghan to investigate murders of our loved ones in the border regions. At this point in time the trail of those responsible for these brutal crimes goes cold at the Border. As does help and assistance from the Irish authorities.
10. A full, open and proper investigation into the handling of the FAIR issues by the SEUPB, DARD and the OFMDFM.
11. An immediate halt to the on-going destruction of the loyalist/unionist community education system whereby schools are being closed or amalgamated in areas which facilitate Nationalists – in particular the Border Regions.
12. A full investigation into the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. In particular the Department’s handling of allegations of fraud investigations, who initiates and controls such investigations and why few, if any charges have ever been made as a result of such investigations. In future all such investigations must be in the hands of a body who act for all. Independence is the key issue here.
13. A detailed examination of how the recent violence has been dealt with. Not all of this violence can be attributed to the protests. Furthermore, the reaction and subsequent actions of senior PSNI officers can only be described as diabolical.
14. A full and proper public investigation into the 1976 Kingsmills massacre and the 110 murders/attempted murders carried out by the same IRA murder gang.